If you need to hire a criminal defense attorney, you need an experienced professional, and fast. With any criminal charge, time is of the essence. But while your charges may be time sensitive, it is important to do your research before hiring just any attorney.
What to Ask a Criminal Defense Attorney
Take time to research attorneys in your area and schedule meetings with them. It is important that you come to each meeting prepared, bringing any court documents, bail papers, police paperwork and a copy of the police report if it is available. A prospective criminal defense attorney will also find it helpful if you can provide a list of witnesses, victims and any other individuals who may have been involved in the case.
In an effort to decide if a prospective criminal defense attorney is right for you, it is important to come prepared with a list of questions. Below are important questions to consider asking:
– What is your educational background?
– How long have you been practicing law?
– Do you belong to any professional organizations?
– How much of your practice is devoted towards criminal law?
– How many jury trials have you participated in in your career?
– How can I reach you if I have any questions regarding my case?
– How familiar are you with charges I am facing?
– How many clients have you represented with similar charges?
– How do you consider your relationship with the prosecutor’s office?
– How often do your clients go to trial?
– Do you require an additional fee if my case goes to trial?
– Do you require an additional fee if a motion to suppress the evidence need to be filed?
Criminal Defense Attorneys in the Tampa Bay Area
If you are in need of a criminal defense attorney in the Pasco County area, call the legal team of Proly Laporte & Mulligan. Our Tampa Bay area lawyers have served as prosecutors for the Sixteenth Judicial Circuit and have handled an extensive list of cases, from ordinance violations to capital cases.
If you think we are the right legal team to handle your criminal charges, we offer free consultations for new clients at our New Port Richey office. For any additional questions, call us today at 727-478-4125 or schedule a free consultation today.